Friday, December 23, 2011

On a Long Winter's Night

When at home with my family on these long winter nights, and soaking up every minute of celebration, warmth and surprise, I can't help but have a sense of peace, and a truly joyous heart.
I'm reminded of words written by one of my favorite authors:


"Time was, with most of us, when Christmas Day encircling all our limited world like a magic ring, left nothing out for us to miss or seek; bound together all our home enjoyments, affections, and hopes; grouped everything and every one around the Christmas fire; and made the little picture shining in our bright young eyes, complete."
- Charles Dickens , What Christmas is as we Grow Older

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love those words. I almost bought Charles Dickens' stories for Christmas at the used book store yesterday...he's one of my favourite authors but I've never read his Christmas stories.
    Merry merry Christmas to you and your dear family!
    Much love, R

    ReplyDelete