Wednesday, September 26, 2012

{Yarn Along}


                         
I decided to avoid the many projects that I have to block by starting another on the weekend. Makes sense, right? However, I feel like I can't take a photograph of my finished projects until they are blocked...so I'm going to try to get that done this week.
I started the
Honey Cowl that I wanted to make for my sister. She saw the yarn on my table a while back and while she's not a knitter, she has an appreciation for beautiful colours.
This knit up super fast because I used a much bulkier yarn than the pattern called for, and obviously cast on fewer stitches.
I'm at the very end though, and have half of it bound off. Here's the kicker though. I don't think I have enough yarn to finish binding off, so I'm playing chicken with what I have left. I'm at that point where I think I'm going to rip it back a row and bind off there (which I can afford to do, because I accidentally knit an extra row anyway and left it.)
Or, i could pick up a really close bulky strand and bind off with that...I'm not sure I have anything that would blend well though. I'm going to have to dig.

No massive reading accomplishments here this week. I'm almost finished "one thousand gifts" which is proving to be a slow, but good read.
Looking forward to seeing all your projects this week.



12 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I've been there a few times! A close shave! The colors look great, and glad you'll be able to get it BO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've been there before....the tension!!!
    I'm the same with that book - taking me forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to knit the exact pattern for one of my sisters. :)
    I had the same problem of not enough yarn with a cowl I knit awhile back and ended up having to rip out a full row to bind off, I ended up with less than 1/2 inch of yarn left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cowl is wonderful. i love that yarn! fingers crossed you have enough to bind off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors beautiful!! And that is one lucky sister :) I hope you get a bit of time next week for some reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cowl, it's in my ravelry queue too. :) This week I'm sharing a Sunday Sweater test knit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cowl is in my ravelry queue (along with a whole bunch of others!). I love the colors of yours. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colour is amazing, it looks so cozy! Good luck with the binding off dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the colors of the cowl. Very nice. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. bulky yarn + less stitches = my kind of knitting.
    ; )
    xo
    c

    ReplyDelete