Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yarn Along....Socks!

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?  Yarning Along with Ginny



I have about 5 projects on the go right now... Eeeek!  I normally like to have at least two projects going at once so that I have a few options to take with me in the car etc, but 5 is a little much! 
I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but alas, I have a lot of knitting to do. (oh...darn?) 
I have my mother in law's hat to complete which I started before Christmas-and was supposed to be a Christmas present. I'm so glad that she's a sweet, understanding woman!
This would have been a quick project, however I attempted cabling while fevered. That didn't turn out so well. I have to rip back about 10 rows and carry on.


I'm also starting
this cowl as part of a Downton Abbey Knit-Along. Could it be? My favorite show mixed with knitting? I'm so excited-I've only just cast on but i'm itching to get some rows polished away on this. 


Our local knitting group is also doing a knit along right now, we've just started on socks since so many of us have never knit them! The pattern has been a little bit tricky for some of us (myself included) because we're using circular needles rather than double pointed needles. The pattern refers a lot to "needle 1", or "needle 3" etc. It's taken a little bit of patience to figure out but with the help of Kelly's videos (from Knit Picks) I think i'm finally getting the hang of this. I'm ready to start on the toe of the first sock. Now if only I can remember how I did the first sock when I go to do the second...haha.

Last but not least, I'm working on two baby gifts for friends. At least those will be fast, since babies are so conveniently tiny. I just love knitting for babies!

Lately i've been reading "Things I've Learned While Knitting", by Stephanie Pearl McPhee, a.k.a, the Yarn Harlot. What can I say? I just can't get enough of this woman. Her writing, even when informative and practical, never fails to put me in good spirits. I often end up laughing out loud and have to re-tell her story to the boys or Mark who wonder why i'm laughing. Who knew that there could be so much knitting humour?!

Later this week I hope to start "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd. This has been kicking around in my pile of books "to read" for a while now and I decided it's time. I really enjoyed "The Secret Life of Bees" so i'm hoping that this one will be equally satisfying.

I'd love to hear about your knitting and reading if you'd like to leave a comment! 


~Corra

P.S...Tomorrow (Thursday) i'm going to be announcing an exciting and fun project that Rachel
and I are going to be working on together, and anyone else is welcome to join in! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. five projects? You daredevil you :) Love the sock and we are waiting for our son to go back to campus before watching Downton Abbey-you know to savor it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yarn harlot too, her books are great for a wee giggle without needing much concentration! great work on the socks, they definitely get easier the more of them you do, so keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sock, those colours are gorgeous.
    Enjoy your projects variety.

    ReplyDelete