Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Yarning {and walking} Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? -yarning along with Ginny.


I'm still plugging away at my noro log cabin squares-I had to put most knitting aside for a little while because I fell on my wrist a few weeks ago. After the fall, knitting was somewhat tolerable but purling hurt. (I knit continental.) I think I'm back to being able to do both without pain.
I was doing the Follow Your Arrow  knit along when I fell, and had to put the shawl aside. Since, I've sort of fallen out of love with it though and i'm not sure I should continue it. I'm wishing I had done the circular shaped clue in one colour rather than two. I'm not sure if i'm going to continue it or not. 

In effort to be more active during these frigid winter months when walking outside seems to hurt my face (seriously-this has been an insanely cold winter) I bought a used treadmill on the weekend. The best part? I can actually walk at a pretty fast pace while knitting! This changes everything. I need to make a wrist project bag though so I don't get tangled in my yarn and wipe out. I can definitely see that happening if I'm not careful.
Apparently though, I'm not the only one attempting to walk and knit. which makes me feel a little less crazy.

I started "the Virgin Cure" a while ago but put it down over Christmas, so I've restarted reading that. I really enjoy some of the characters; they remind me of people I've known.

binding off, 

Corra

3 comments:

  1. i used to read on the treadmill all the time.....and knit on my stationary bike....a move to a teeny house and we lost all the "equipment".....i never tried just walking and knitting (although I apparently thought about it at some time and bought one of those ball 'hooks' that you put on your belt. (wonder where that thing is!!!!!!???? haven't thought about it in ages...thanks for getting me thinking about this again). Hope the wrist is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful while multitasking!! Love your log cabin square :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours in the wool for your log cabin squares!
    hope your wrist is feeling better.
    have a great weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete